Friday, March 2, 2007

And we were not selected......

Again, I really do wonder how these things happen in life. Today, we had a competition, we means me and my friend. It was a PowerPoint presentation competition. We were to face a screening test first and then we were going to be given some not technical subjects, on which we would have had to prepare a presentation, with the help of the Internet in one hour. That was, of course, given the fact that we were selected.

But, it all went wrong. First, the time management. The screening was scheduled at 8:30am. We were present at the spot at that time, but we came to know that screening was on 9:30. But it didn't start at 9:30 as well. Then finally it did begin at 11:30am.

We were under the impression that the screening was going to be an aptitude test, but alas. We are not that lucky. Only some 12 out of 60 questions were based on the Mental Ability Test (MAT), rest were stupid general knowledge questions, like who is president of LETTA. I don't have any idea what the hell is LETTA. Cause, I am not at all concerned with it. And I really can't see how can it be a screening test for a PowerPoint presentation contest.

They could have checked out PowerPoint knowledge or our language, the ability to present our thoughts and such things, but no, they wanted to see if we knew where the hell are the "Venkatgiri" or "Devangiri" or something like that Saree's are manufactured, like we want to start a new business there.

So, in the end, only 10 teams were selected out of some 60. And the saddest part is that ours was 11th. (I know people will not believe in me, when I say ours was 11th, but believe me, they had sorted our name, but I think they received 2 papers with scores more than ours, so my team and one more were rejected). They said that 24/60 was the last team and so, we must have had got anything from 23.75 to god knows what.

There was 1 mark for correct answer and -0.25 for a wrong one, and now I only wish, that we should not have hit arrows in air to see if we catch a pray. Those -0.25 marks did make a difference and we lost our spot. Bad luck. Maybe next time.........

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Come on aditya
dont feel sad by such competitions.
U hav won many gr8 compis like nts,mts,etc and also 3 chaki cycle spardha(jokin)
btw beter luck next every time.
Adison