Saturday, February 24, 2007

And I wasted half an hour in my life......

Actually it should be..."And my old computer wasted half an hour in my life". Let me start from the beginning. As you would have read in the first post here, that my new computer, the laptop has been busted and so I am back to using the old 'box' of mine.

It is working great as I said, but the fact is that, it is celeron, 500MHz, 96MB RAM, and I have installed XP on it. I think you got the idea there. It takes almost 12-13 minutes to start working since the start button has been pushed. I mean, just now, some 2 hours ago, I had begun writing my last post about my worst day in February 2007, and suddenly there was a power cut. And the UPS gave away before the computer could shut down. I mean, that is ridiculous.

Then, I again started it on inverter supply. And again, after some 15 minutes, as I was about to begin the post again, someone switched the TV downstairs and again, the computer crashed. And so, another 15 minutes gone.

And now, finally I am writing this post. And now I am getting tired of this. There is only one way that can stop this, and that is my laptop. And finally I got a good news on that point. The HP people have replaced the motherboard, optical drive and HDD. But they are not sure yet. (Think that something else is in bad condition). So I am yet to receive it.

No comments: