Monday, October 1, 2007

Design Demystified......

Had a great weekend. And because of that I was not able to post much about it. Me and my partner came second in a circuit design contest.

It was arranged by the Electronics Engineering Students Association on University level. And the circuits given to us were.

  • Design an XOR gate using IC 7400 (NAND TTL).
  • Design 4 bit Adder Subtracter using IC 7483 (4 bit Adder) and IC 7486 (TTL XOR).
  • Design BCD adder by modifying the above circuit.
Now, we finished the first two stages. And the first team designed the third circuit on paper but did not build it. So we came second. Still I am happy. Especially after that C debugging contest where we did not get a prize even after coming third. :-(

But, this was good. The only fact is that there were only 6 teams. :-| And the winners were having the degree of Diploma in Electronics. So, I am still happy that we were first among those who have joined this degree course after doing 12th.

Nothing much. Got a nice shield, some 200/- and a certificate (the most important... it actually mentioned that we came second.... refer debugging C...). Apart from this, I have taken a recording, visual one, on the mobile of my partner after the completion. I will soon post it, but first I have to get it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Excellent! Congrats to you and your friend. Keep those prizes coming.