Friday, June 15, 2007

The man with the broken neck (well... not really)....

Huh... It has been a funny period of 3-4 days since my last post....

One of the happiest incidents was that I found my football. It was lurking in an old box full of coconuts. The day before I found the ball, we (around 16 people) were playing football. My team was ahead 5-1 and then, suddenly, before anyone got hold, we were trailing 5-6.... Can you believe it? Read more, 4 goals out of our 5 were scored by single person, and an own goal. (It was not me, I am a midfielder). And I didn't even give a single assist.....

It was bad. Though we won 8-6 at the end (courtesy, 7 goals from the man who had scored 4 of the first 5 and a chip in from one more from the second attacker... I wondered when he was gonna score...).

Then I found the ball and practiced. And fell in my front-yard (well the front-yard of my house not my front-yard), on a hard surface. And hurt my neck.... It's pretty bad. Still hurting after some 30 hours.... But that day (Friday) during the game, I just rocked (again not really).

I was playing a defensive role that day, and I was taking all the goal kicks, since I was the only one with studs and I am the only one who practices free kicks (sometimes). So, I took 'em and, surprisingly, 3 of my goal kicks were the assists for the first 3 goals we scored. (It's a small ground, about 125 feet from pole to pole). And I even hit a goal kick that went directly in the net, but that was not counted. (obviously). I was happy (even though my neck was bad).

Then I rushed to my synthesizer class. Score was 3-1, and then I found out that we drew 6-6, cause my attacker friend had to play defense as I was gone. And the worst part was that my tuition was canceled. So, I missed the better part of the game for nothing.

I am still not able to turn my head completely from one side to other. It still hurts a lot :-(.... And, I am going out of the city for a week from tomorrow. Hoping to catch some good books and CDs... Seeya later (I am not sure if anyone ever reads what I write, but if you do, then seeya later....)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey whoever told you that nobody reads your posts? Well, I for one, do it on a regular basis. And I must say you write pretty well, and I have told you that earlier, too!!! So keep writing bro!!! :-)

Aditya Shevade said...

Thanks... Now I know at least one person reads my blog.... And the comment I made was based on the reports that I receive regarding site traffic on Google Analysis.... Won't post details here... but they are pretty bad.... :-D