Thursday, September 20, 2007

Aussies are the best.....

Australians again showed today why they are the best cricketing team out there. They simply blasted Shrilankan team away. I loved the encounter.

Highlights were that Stuart Clark (The same man I was very offended to see in the first T20 W/C match), took 4 wickets for 20 runs in his 4 overs. And one of those wickets were actually picked up by Michael Clarke. The catch that he took was splendid. The batsman (I think Maharoof) was stunned. The way Clarke dived to his right, right along the ground and took the catch.... Simply brilliant.

And then there were Gilly and Haydos. Both blasted the Lankan bowling for 102 off 10.2 Overs. But it was not all well for the Aussies today. After their skipper, Ponting suffered the first ever hamstring injury he ever had, Shane Watson was out of the match due to his some 'x'th injury. And it was his hamstring as well.

But still... Aussies won. Meaning that they will now be playing the Semifinal. Most probably against South Africa at Durban. I am hoping for another great win by the Aussies.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If India beats South Africa today, one of SA and NZ will be eliminated based on NRR(I think NZ will go). Why do you think SA will beat India today?

Aditya Shevade said...

As you said NZ will go. And I think Aussies will play SA in that case. Correct me if I am wrong.

I don't think IND will lose or win. At least I cannot predict anything anymore in T20 now.

Thank You.