Friday, September 7, 2007

Yes.... and Proteus sucks.....

Finally, I had the time, rather we, me and my partner had the time to build the project for that proteus thing I mentioned a few posts ago. We have to build a priority encoder. We were on to it. We designed it as per the equations and even referred a ready-made circuit from a book.

It should have worked flawlessly, but either there is a problem with the software or there is one with proteus. When I went to the college, I found that many of the other teams were having the problems with proteus. As the logic circuits grew complex, the output got screwed.

Maybe they have mentioned it as a bug in the software and maybe they are working on it. (They is the people making the S/W). But, then the problem is with our instructors. Cause they are supposed to be the experts in the use of this S/W. Anyways, the conclusion is that we are yet to finish the project.

And, that Yes in the heading is for marks of the third paper. Digital Systems. Our teacher came to me and asked, "Is your RN 44?", I said yes and the told me that I was the topper.
I topped the class with 40/50. Actually I had written worth of 45 marks due to my own foolishness of reaching the paper late. And, in the hassle I had made a mistake of 2 marks. So, I should have received 43. But I think 40/43 is good. But then.... Lets see the assessed answer paper.

So, I am happy today. Also, I am happy with the haircut I had yesterday. Looks good. I turned it to 'Beatles'. (Like David Beckham in World Cup '98). :-D

2 comments:

AP said...

You people are hopeless.
Proteus just works fine. I have been using it for an year and never had any problem. Another thing, the circuits which didn't work on Proteus didn't work actually also

Aditya Shevade said...

Maybe you are correct. Maybe I am hopeless. And if you have arrived at this decision, then you will also be able to tell me the reason of one more thing.

Why was the circuit not functioning, when I had copied it from a book? I did not say Proteus sucks, in the post (though I said so in the title). I said either there is a problem with Proteus OR there is a problem with the Book.

BUT, one of my teachers also said that the version that we were working on, in the college, has some bug. Maybe an installation error (you know how it is in colleges). And maybe that was the reason.

When I downloaded a data sheet for the IC of the respective circuit, and made it, it worked flawlessly. So, maybe the problem was with the book. I will cross check the book and the data sheet, and then post.