Thursday, September 20, 2007

Which way to turn now?

As mentioned in one of the last posts of mine, I am finding it very difficult to manage the website using nothing but a web browser and a text editor. And updating content using this way will be a lot of pain in the a**.

I tried to make a way out of it by adopting the virtual pagination concept. But that too will get out of hand once the size increases. So, it seems as if there in no way out for me from learning CMS.

I have shortlisted 3 candidates.

  • Joomla
  • Mambo
  • Drupal
Right now, from all that I have read, I am a little bent towards Joomla. Please suggest. For blog, I have chosen wordpress.

If I adopt a CMS (which I will have to), then I will have to make a CMS theme out of my CSS theme. For that I will have to learn PHP. And I also have to learn the CMS that I will finally choose.

Hm... it seems like the god himself has decided that he will not let me rest until I learn PHP, CMS (and also will not let me publish my site till then).

No comments: