Thursday, September 20, 2007

Pulp Fiction...

Before a few days, I was just browsing through the site IMDb. And I came across their top 250 list. And saw that there is a movie named Pulp Fiction on the 5th number. I read the synopsis and felt that the movie might be good. (Of course... being 5th on that list means a lot). So I decided to watch it.

I watched it today. And I cannot say if I loved it or not, but I liked it. Worth watching more than once for sure. It's weird in it's own perspective. And that was what I liked in that movie.

I was searching for a movie similar to Frank Miller's 'Sin City'. And this was one which went close to it. But Sin City is a classic and that is another story. As far as Pulp Fiction is concerned, it's a crude movie in somewhat comical way.

The theme of the film is related to lives of 4 people. A gangster, his wife, two people working for him and a boxer who kills his opponent in a match.

The movie has been given 'A' rating for a reason. There are more than 250 uses of the word, Fuck and other variations. There are a lot of things related to Drugs. Then there is violence. But nothing has been exaggerated in the movie. Everything gels in perfectly.

My recommendation is, you must watch the movie at least once. And I am sure you will like it. My rating, 'A-'

No comments: